Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tid Bit Tuesday




Latino Community

I tweeted about this last week and I am not sure people took me seriously, but I was supposed to go to a meeting at the Spanish Action League to meet with a Representative from Governor Patterson's office. We were supposed to talk about the lack of job development for the Latino Community. My point is there is no jobs on the West Side of Syracuse because no wants to move their business there.

Well I drive down to La Liga and I find out the meeting had been canceled because the director broke her arm! Of course, the office assistant had no idea who I was and what meeting her Boss was supposed to have. Gas ain't cheap, so I really was not happy about the wasted trip. I get home and I find out they were calling Josie to whole time saying the meeting was canceled...well done. Great Job!

Doc Appoinment

My doctor is very happy with me! First off, I lost 10 pounds. This is very good to me with all the running and exercises I am doing. I haven't been eating all the junk I used to eat. He seemed happy that my little issue was indeed the coffee. I can tell from his expression that he really did not want to check my prostate! Trust me I was just as happy as he was.

He tells me that I am good for another 5 years. I do not need to see him until I am 40. Whoa...how scary is that. I am going to 40 in 5 years. Thanks for the reminder doc. Not only am I letting go of all my issues but I have to reminded that I will be 40 soon. In either case, he tells me that he may not even be around by then, he will probably be retired. That is ok, I do not plan to be in Syracuse by then.

Grad School

Speaking of future plans, I finally got the 3 letters of recommendation I need for Grad School. All I need to do now is my personal statement. I guess it will similar to the Bio I wrote recently. Although, this will have to be more my goals toward education and what I plan to do with it. From there I will need to truly know how long this journey is going to take me.

I have taken classes already so I know what to expect in terms of class load. But, that is when I took 1 class per semester. This time I plan on taking 2 per. So, that will be challenging in itself.

Layout!

I wont lie. I love this new layout. I know it seems a little grayish, but I think it symbolizes where I am right now. A little gray, but when I am ready I will add color to my life. Right now the only color is from the words that I write. I am ok with that. I do not need anything flashy.

4 comments:

hissip said...

Best wishes with grad school! I'm sure you're going to pick up a great school. Have you read the last report that US World and News Report did on Grad School. Everybody seems to think their recommendations are worthwhile. I hope you've taken the time to look up some scholarships because grad school tuition is nothing to mess with!

phoenix said...

I love the new layout too.

Congrats on the weighloss and more importantly the consistency in your exercise habit! (I am trying to get there myself)

Anthony Otero said...

The good thing about working at Syracuse University is that I can go to grad school for free. I have already picked a program called Cultural Foundations of Education, which basically explores the history and dynamics education for people of color. I would focus on Latinos.

I am trying to reduced the amount of caffine! Drinking a lot of water helps! I was also told to have 5 serving of fruits and veggies a day (even if it was tomatoes on a Hamburger).

Yeah...I am feeling the layout. Hissip has a good website, I am waiting for another Phoenix blog..lol

Brooke said...

Congrats on losing 10 lbs Ant! That's great!!! Keep up the good work!

You'll do great in grad school - I wish I could go for free! :(

Great things for you ahead :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails