Wednesday, March 31, 2010

30 Poems, 30 Days



Tomorrow starts National Poetry Month. After talking to a fellow blogger and poet, I have decided to take part in this challenge. Up to this point I felt that I have been dabbling into poetry on a purely emotional level. When I feel a certain way, I just write a poem and it makes me feel better. Now I think I can step my game up a bit with doing 30 poems in 30 days. I have promised myself that once I filled my journal with poetry, I will start my way into publishing it. This will put me into that plateau.

At the same time I wanted to highlight both my Tumbler and Facebook Fan pages. I consider this to be a portal for people to read everything I write. I have strictly used my Tumblr for poetry and other randomness that makes me who I am. My Facebook Fan Page was my gift to myself on the one year anniversary of this blog. I post everything on there so it can be easier for people to follow me and send me messages. I will also keep this blog as my main place for all my thoughts. I am loving this writing game so much.

I will continue my journey on this blog. I still have so much on my mind that I am not willing to articulate yet and I am still thinking about finishing my blogs on the emotional spectrum I referred to last week.

I stirred up some serious conversation about women and ulterior motives and I would love to continue this along the way. I have no issues talking about men and their bullshit too so do not think that I am just placing blames on the world on one gender because that is not how it works for me.

I will post poetry entries on both sights and I will never repeat posts. I will number them in the order that I write them. Some maybe long and some maybe short. I am very serious about this challenge and will also incorporate my normal writings as well. I just want to say the biggest challenge of this whole thing is that April is the busiest month of the year for me. I will not use that as an excuse, but rather as motivation.

Please wish me luck. I will need it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails