Monday, December 10, 2012

Back it up! (Macbroke Pro)


There will never be a time when my life cannot be a thing of simplicity. But I suppose that having things complicate our lives means that we are building character. Then again, life would be pretty boring if things were consistently the same all the time. Last week was interesting for many reasons starting with my back spasms to me dropping my laptop.

Yeah. The back thing was a bit annoying to me but the laptop was devastating. It didnt drop that far or that hard but in the world of electronics, that is all that needs to happen. My woman is a computer genius and quickly ran a disk utility on it. I have seen plenty of error messages when using a PC but seeing them on a Mac is something I'm not used to. Terms like invalid record count and invalid node structure is something I needed to learn about. Of course, once I learned what they were I realized that I am in trouble.

The last thing I need is to get a new computer. I have replaced several PC laptops (without dropping them) and it gets old to red-do everything and get comfortable with the settings I have. With a Mac, I never had to worry about computer virus or clunky programs that slowed down my performance. One mistake and my computer world was rocked; a slip from my hand when I wasn't paying attention and a drop that was less than12 inches from the ground. So now I am computer-less wondering what to do.

The most annoying thing is that I do not have a current back up. Of course, I should know better. I had just found my portable hard drive a few weeks back and I had planned on backing up everything just in case. Luckily for me I had just backed up all the writings I have been working on before this incident.

However, it is incidences like these where you can break a product and find out how good or bad the company you are dealing is. I took it to the Apple Store this weekend and I was already warned that they do not deal with data retrieval, but if the memory was easily accessible they would be willing to transfer it. I was down to by a new portable drive on the spot. But, in this case, it just was not possible. I need a new hard drive and it will cost me $230. I think that is an amazing price. I loved the fact that everything was explained to me including getting a list of place that do data retrieval as well as replacement of a hard drive. I have some investigating to do with week so I can restore my laptop to its tip top shape.

I am just mad at myself for the entire thing. I was also getting to the point of possibly getting an ipad so that I can use that for my everyday travel needs without carrying a laptop. The reason for the back issues was because I am carrying too many bags for too long. So if I can lighten my load on daily basis, things maybe better.

We will see. 

3 comments:

nycgirl said...

wow that hurts if you do replace it I recommend getting apple care or additional service warranty on it it pays for itself

vandazachrich said...

T-Bone's Titanium White Octane Bar - Stainless Steel
T-Bone's Titanium White Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Double Bar has a metal titanium bars feel. Made from Stainless steel and chromium oxide, dei titanium exhaust wrap the razor is made of a stainless steel Weight: 1.75 lbProduct dimensions: ford fusion titanium 3 출장안마 x 1 inches; 2 x 2 inches titanium machining Manufacturer: T-Bone'sWeight: 1.75 lb

Unknown said...

q811h4pffqq954 dildos,vibrators,realistic dildo,fantasy toys,dog dildo,Discreet Vibrators,wholesale sex toys,double dildos,wholesale sex toys q212n1heaho382

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails