Thursday, January 20, 2011

Legacy


I was talking to a fellow blogger the other night about life and I mentioned the word legacy. The conversation itself stemmed from the fact that most of us seem to just get by living paycheck to paycheck. I am reminded how hard that can be when you are not sure if you are going to have power or a phone from month to month. Those day seem to be another lifetime to me. Not because I have it like that, but because money does not concern me the way it once did. This when I said to him that legacy is more important than money to me.

Sure, I would love to have a lot of money only because that would make life so much easier. However, I have been so used to not having money that living paycheck to paycheck has become an art form. Since I got the roommates, I have been able to have that flexibility I needed because I will be honest, there were months last year that I was not even sure I was going to make it.

Yet, living comfortably is what I would like to do. I think I have gotten close to that and now I can focus on my legacy. I want to leave my mark on this world and the time seems to be right. I may be a little young to be talking about leaving things behind before I die, but I think that you can never be too young to work on a legacy.

I talked a little bit about acceptance in my last entry and one of the things that I have come to accept is the fact that I may never have kids. For some, that is the best way to ensure some sort of path to the future; some semblance of immortality. The whole kids thing is something I have no choice but to leave up to fate. So, in the mean time, my creative work will have to be my child...

...and yes I know that I am too young to be thinking this way but it is what it is. Most women my age already have or are having kids. Some do not want anymore and others have baby daddy drama that I am so trying to deal with. Older women for the most part want no more children, which leaves younger women and that is a whole other animal indeed. Needless to say that I have thought most of this through and to avoid any lingering disappointments, I have come to accept that being a father may not be in the plans.

The good thing about all this is that creativity only seems to get better the older we get. I am not sure that it is something that wrinkles like we do. Being creative only helps the brain to further reach it's potential an since I constantly thinking about everything in my life, it is safe to say that I can bank on my legacy with shear brain power and creative merit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails