Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Light

It is that time of year for me that gets me nervous. It is the last weekend of the school year and all the commencement activities are coming together. All seems to be well. What makes me generally uneasy is life after the graduation festivities end. What am I am supposed to do after I get to the light at the end of the tunnel?

For the most part, my career is my life. Those months spent between August to May become very much about the students. So technically any real life I have begins after Mother's day and lasts until the middle of August.

I think the unease comes from the shift in the patterns of my life. I will be at work less so I need to figure out what exactly I am going to do day to day. I know that I need to take care of my body and that is becoming a fast priority for me. I am turning 35 in about a month and I know that I am going through changes. I can feel it.

The problem for me becomes that I can spend most of the summer exercising and playing the sports. I can lose 5-8 pounds in a relatively short period. But, when school starts up again, all that work does not translate over because I become too busy for my life. Which, is no excuse.

This summer will be different indeed. I have things that I need to care of. I am going down to New York at the end of the month and then again in June. I will be going to Florida in July on a road trip, which should be interesting to say the least.

For now I just have to power through these last few days in hopes I can survive them...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails