Monday, May 4, 2009

New Direction

After 101 consecutive posts, I took some time off from blogging. At first, I had no choice in the matter. My Internet was down for a large part of Saturday that lead into Sunday. While I could have blogged from my phone, but I decided not to. I took some time away from writing to refocus on what was me and where I want all this to go.

I want to focus on quality and quantity. I think that I have done my best to get post out no matter where I am. I have always made my personal deadline (sometimes barely) and I have tried to talk about a variety of topics. The only thing that has bothered me is that I feel that perhaps I am losing the quality of my writing but just post so much. However, once I started down the path of posting every day, I did not want to stop because I wanted to prove to myself that I can commit to something and stick to it. After over 100 posts consecutively, I think I have done that.

So what does this mean? Well, I will not be posting everyday anymore. Which means I will take weekends off as I see fit. I will concentrate all my efforts on Monday through Friday. I will only post on the weekends if something is burning me up, which is completely possible. I am giving myself personal freedom to do more creative things with myself.

There are many personal things that I am going through right now that I do not wish to share at this moment. However, I will do that in the near future and when I do that will change how the Blog will be. Which, is ok, actually. So, I am still very excited about my writing and I am planning so many things.

I will try different formats. I notice that fellow bloggers my have themes to certain days like "Wordless Wednesday" or "Random Thoughts Thursday". I am trying to be as dynamic with this blog myself. However, they have more followers than I do, so much of the themes can work with participation.

One things that really worked for me last week was planning out posts. I had come up with 3 subjects last weekend and spread them out over 3 days. This has made me re-think about blogging on this site. I have always been a day to day blogger. I write for the moment. In the case of last week, I had 3 things I could write about and planned them accordingly. This made it feel as if I could really be more than just a blogger.

Which brings me to my goal. I have a goal to write a book. I know that in order to do that, one needs tremendous about of discipline. What I plan in a book is far reaching and collaborative. I think that I can make a difference in the lives of underrepresented groups.

3 comments:

Efrainortizjr said...

I look forward to seeing where this goes ...Good luck.

Brooke said...

While writing a book is an ambitious goal, I have no doubt in my mind that you can and WILL do it. If you need a proofreader, let me know!

It's good to mix it up a bit, keep the creative juices flowing. If you want to change the direction of your blog, then do it. It'll probably just naturally happen whether you want it to or not, so just go with the flow and don't pressure yourself. That's the beauty of a blog - it can be anything you want it to be :-)

Georgia Peach said...

LN - you'll do just fine. I admire all of you that have the time to blog daily. I just don't make enough time in my day to get it done. I look forward to continuing to read what you have to say. I always find your perspective interesting.

Many blessings on your efforts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails