Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tidbit Tuesday


Chelsea Market

I am adding this to the list of destinations I plan on visiting on my trip to my hometown of New York City. I have been to the Chelsea market before on my last trip to NYC. I didn't get to see all of the places in there because I was hanging out with the fellas, but I want to go and check it out. The funny thing is that when someone asked me what the Chelsea Market it was...I couldn't really explain it. I found myself not doing it justice.

So that is why I have attached the Chelsea Market link. That will give everyone a good indication of what this is. I doubt I will buy anything, but I am going there because I know it is place I have never really seen prior to my trip in March. Despite, growing up in the Bronx, I am realizing that there are many things about NYC that I have not really seen. Hopefully I will see something or do something new.


Shaq!!!

The buzz on campus yesterday was that Shaquille O'Neal is on campus taking a course. I first saw a notice on Twitter, but I just took it for what it is, a rumor. However, once the article came out, then I knew it was real. Then of course you have multiple Facebook status messages going crazy. Everyone wanting to know why he is here. Clearly, the man is thinking about Broadcasting. Syracuse University has the number one school for that (Newhouse). Makes sense to me.

I am not a person who gets star struck. I admit that this got me a little excited, which tells me that despite it all, I still love my Alma Mater. I am not sure that I would ever be breathless if a true celebrity were to be in my presence. The only one I can think of is Alicia Keys....which by the way I am totally mad at. I saw a tweet that she is in a relationship with Swizz Beatz (that hurts me). Anyway, I am not someone who gets start struck, but I totally tweeted Shaq! All I want is a pic in Schine Student Center...


Exercise

Most of you may know this, but I have been totally killing myself, in a good way. My treadmill sessions have been good for me. 45 minutes of hell usually gets be about 3.5 miles worth of panting and sweat. I do not run the entire way, but I do for most of it. What I am the most proud of is that I can run for 1 mile without stopping. I also have a killer running soundtrack on my iPhone. So at times when I feel I cannot make, certain songs will give me that extra bounce..

The only thing I am in search of is a good pair of running shoes. The problem is that they will be more expensive then I need them to be. So, another thing on my list of things to do in NYC, is to price out some running shoes. My birthday is not too far away and I think I can convince some people to at least partially fund this worthy cause! (Definitely hitting up Dad first)


Self Evaluation

One thing that I never get used to is doing a Self Evaluation to close out the year. Talking positively about myself for a Performance Review is something that I have always found hard to do. I wonder if I was more egotistical, would it be easier? At least I would be high on myself and the questions of my accomplishments for the year would not be so hard.

Well that is what I spend the bulk of yesterday doing. Writing the Self Evaluation so that the powers that be can see that I am doing my job well. Let me tell you, I had a very good year professionally. I am going on my 8 years here and I really feel that I have hit my stride. That does not mean I getting complacent. Far from it. I am actually going to start classes in the fall to continue my path to a Master Degree

The only issue I face is these damn letters of recommendation that I have asked people to write. I asked 3 people to write letters for me. Only one has been submitted. That was months ago. I need to move forward. So the question in my head is...do I nag the hell out of my them or do I search for 2 more people?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails