Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tidbit Tuesday

About a week ago, I thought about some themes. I am introducing Tidbit Tuesdays. I consider these to be Mini Blogs. These are things that are too short to post in a normal blog. I have done this before. Now I am making this a weekly thing. Enjoy!


Star Trek

All I can say is wow. I am not going to review the movie because I think so many people have seen it by now. There are only certain moves that I can say "wow" too as I am watching it. This movie definitely made me do that. I am very impressed by the character development and the overall direction of Star Trek. I am quite sure there will be tons of sequels!

This may be a movie I see a second time. Perhaps in Imax! I have never seen a movie in Imax. Perhaps on my trip to NYC, I will do that...


********
New York City

Speaking of NYC, I am going down there the last week of May because my father is getting married for the 3rd time. I am actually quite surprised by this. I cannot tell you the countless amount of times that he has told me that he will never get married again. I am truly happy for him and for my step mother. I have been calling calling her step mother for quite some time. Let's face, they have been together since I was in High School, so it is about time.

There was a small issues with the date in which they were going to get married. Based on a commitment from work I could not go with the original date set, which was 5/26. So I tell my father this and they were trying to work something out. I thought this was a firm date. But then that commitment fell through weeks later and I just took the rest of that week off. Come to fins out they switch dates on me to 5/22. So now I have to come down after work on 5/21.

********
Joe Biden

For those who don't know, the Vice President was up here at Syracuse University giving a speech during the Commencement ceremonies. I was lucky enough to be in attendance since Josie did graduate this past weekend. It was very surreal to me to be in his presence. This is the first politician (that I voted for) I have ever seen live and in person. It was almost this larger than life feeling.

His speech was on point. He talked about his Syracuse days as a Law Student and then talked about the vision of America the he and President Obama share. Normally, when you go to a commencement so early (we were there by 7:50), you expect to fall asleep at some point, well it was not meant to be in this case. I was awake the entire time. I really enjoyed listening to Joe Biden speak....and he did not put his foot in his mouth


********
Commercials

I do not watch all that much television. What I do watch is Baseball, ESPN, and shows that I tend to DVR (Lost, Heroes, Biggest Loser, The Office, etc). I tend to fast forward through commercials anyway. However, when I watch the Mets play, I have to watch the commercials. There are a few that are really amusing. Heineken seems to do a very good job at providing some good laughs about their product. I believe that if you really want to get your name around your commercials need to memorable and funny.

I don't like Heineken. Not a fan of their beer. But there commercials make me laugh:





Someone needs to pay the people who write these a lot of money! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Tidbit Tuesday huh? I like!

Married for the third time? Go Daddy! If NY had common law marriage, they definitely would have been married by now :)

Not a beer fan, but very funny.

If you go see another movie without me we're gonna fight...simple as that. I leave on the 21st, so wait til I get back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails