Friday, June 25, 2004

Parking Nazis

{Originally Posted on Xanga}

Well, if you know anything about Syracuse University, You will know that there is certain departments that live to bleed you dry of money. It does not matter if you are student or staff. Parking Services (or Parking Nazis) has got to be the one area that must have a quota on writing tickets. I don’t really mind if I get a parking ticket...9 times out of 10...I am prolly in the wrong. But, I got 2 tickets in the mail last week both $25 each...for failing to stop at the gate! WTF?
Let me explain something to the layperson that knows nothing about SU. There are parking booths that the Parking Nazis call "gates". Next to those gates are stop signs. So you are supposed to stop so they can either write you a pass or confirm that you already have a pass. Well, as a staff member, I have a pass...that I pay a lot of money for (and for what? I have to take a bus across campus to get to my building after dropping my car off at a parking lot). Most times, if you have a pass...the parking attendant will wave you by.


Anyway. I get these two tickets, that were written LAST MONTH, about how I (and i quote) "made no attempt to stop at gate or any stop signs". The best part is I got 2 of these fucking tickets. The other one says I was going at a high rate of speed. If that is the case...how do you get my license number and know that I have a pass? Secondly...why not call Public Safety on my ass if I am burning rubber on campus?

Well I plan on appealing it. So I go to the website and I read the appeal process. So check this out...you can only appeal a ticket 14 days after it was written...they wrote the 2 tickets in MAY.... I got them LAST WEEK. So...I plan on appealing with a copy of the post-marked envelopes...I am not payin because I always stop and wave at the "gate". I got more to say about these people...but I wont.

All this and the Mets play the Yankees...I hate the Yankees. Especially A-Rod. I am sure him and his lover Jeter have tons of fun in the locker room (yeah...I said it...so what...diary of a mad Met Fan).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails