Friday, December 18, 2009

My Christmas List

Christmas is coming up and of course there are thoughts of what could I possibly want for Christmas. As I have gotten older, the holiday season gets less and less important to me. I know that sounds bad, but it is true. I remember, as a kid, loving Christmas! The feeling in the air was just so unique. Maybe it was the mystique that was holiday season.

Now, the feeling is not the same. However, I am still a big kid of sorts. There are things that are on my wish list that I know I will not get, but I would like it all the same. If I was really into the holiday season, I could put up a tree and hope that Santa Claus will come on that fateful day with a bag full of presents. Of course, this will not happen.

If there was such a thing as an almighty force that would give us adults gifts, then there are a few things that I will wish for. I wont be corny enough to wish for world peace or something that we should all be praying for, but rather things that I would love to get. I will list five things that I want and will work on getting in 2010 (because I know that if I don't get it...no one will). These are in no particular order:

1. A Macbook.

I was looking at these on Black Friday. Truly an amazing machine. These are pretty expensive, but I am tired of my PC. I need something sleek that will not piss me off when I am just trying to check my email.

2. A Kindle.


This is a big one for me. I like to actually buy books and have them in my library. However, I don't like to carry books with me for fear that I may leave it somewhere or that the cover will get messed up. I know that sounds pretty silly, but I think the kindle will put me in a better place for reading.

3. Cologne.


This may sound funny. But I am trying to be more of a cologne person. The problem is that I don't have one that is for me. I just wear whatever someone gives me as a gift and call it a day. I am in search of something that is me.

4. Shoes.


I am not talking about sneakers. I have never gone through a sneaker phase. Trust me, I tried but I would always get the cheap sneakers while my bother was rocking the Jordan's (I am not bitter). Between that and going to a catholic school that only allowed us to wear brown shoes, my indifference to footwear is apparent. Lately though, I am feeling the need to branch out and get a few pair of good looking shoes.

5. A Poetry Journal.


I need a notebook specifically for this. I am very particular about my notebooks. I need something that I can write in at any point in time. It would have to be smaller than an average notebook. It is becoming evident to me that I need to constantly write. I have poems in my head and a possible short story. I am old school in this way. I need to write them on paper.

This list was hard to think about after the first 2 items. Perhaps I need to think about my wants and needs more. Maybe we all should.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails