Friday, April 1, 2011

National Poetry Month 2011


It is that time of year again for me. I know that did this last year and I was a bit wet behind the ears because I wasn't sure I could do 30 poems in 30 days. I struggled with the notion that I was indeed a poet. Fast forward a year later and I realize that I am one. I was nervous because I was not really sure I can produce this type of work because I base everything I do on emotion.

I have discovered many things about myself over the past year. I also realized several different forms of writing and poetry. Haikus are something that I have been toying with and being creative with lately. My creative juices have been some what stifled by recent disappointments, yet my emotional level has been so very high. Anger, sadness, frustration, mixed in with a few moments joy and satisfaction. This is something I want to capture within this month.

I am not sure exactly how I am going to do this, I want to post my poems on my tumblr but I definitely want to post them on here. I think I will just do both because I learned that I have different audiences. As I write this I am only thinking about the feelings inside my chest. It is only April and I feel like it has been a long year.

So once again. Welcome to my heart and my head. It will be a ride for the next 30 days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails