Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What If The Answer is Faith?


As I mentioned in my last post, sometimes I think about my dreams all day. Yesterday was no exception. Dreaming about driving a car with my eyes closed was what I assumed to be a message about not knowing my future. I felt this was a pretty safe answer. A part of me did think that perhaps I came up with this answer a little too quickly.

It wasn't until I got home that I realized that perhaps I was little off about this. Sure, sometimes our dreams show us the things that are bothering us deep inside. Sometimes our dreams even give us clues to the answers we seek. Most of the questions we have in life we can answer ourselves. We are not always ready to admit them. It occurred to me that maybe my dream may not only be telling me that my future is uncertain, but maybe I need to have faith that I will not crash.

I thought about this when I remember that, in my dream, my eyes opened after I hit the breaks. I see that not as not having enough faith to believe that I just need to let fate guide me. Perhaps there is something in my that believes that my love life will crash and burn again. Maybe I feel I need to take control of it in order for this not to happen thus me putting on the breaks. However, I have crashed and burned so many times over with my eyes open.

Clearly driving requires control. Even though I do not consider myself a control freak, I have learned that in so many ways I have tried to control the outcome of whatever happens to me. I know that I am a versatile human being. I have the ability to adapt to any situation and any given time. However, when it comes to my love life, I have trouble just coasting.

Right now I am in a good place. I am single and I trying to fix me. I will be the first to say that anything is possible but I think that I am also be the first not believe that for myself. This is where I think this dream has come from. Dreams have many meanings an I am sure that this one has a few. I just need to have faith in myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails