Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tap Tap Tap....is this thing on?

I guess I am not doing a good job in promoting my blog as I should be. While I am not necessarily writing for the world at large it does make me wonder who is out there. In terms of the blog world, I guess I would consider myself low maintenance. I don't update this site much outside of blogging every day. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I want to focus of this site to be strictly on my words.

I consider this site much like the hair cuts I get every 2-3 weeks. I make it short. I get a touch up. Trim the sides and make sure the edges are smooth. After all that, I am good for a few weeks. I can go about my business and not really care how people view me or what I am doing. Very much like this site.

However, I have come to realize that readership is everything. While my topics seem to vary from day to day, these are still my experience that I share with the world at large. I will still say Latinos are black. I will still talk about how I see the world. The fine line I see is that this blogging shit is not a popularity contest. I think people may view it that way and the art of writing in general gets lost.

I have done several things to promote this blog (although now that I think about it, I could do better) such as, word of mouth, commenting on other blogs, facbooking (status updates and network blog sites), myspace updates, etc. So, I am not sure I am satisfied with what I have. Not that I will change the content of even the way this site looks, but I feel I need to make a change in some way.

Now, I have said before that I do indeed write for me. I truly do not write for anyone else, however, writing needs to be read. Just like musician may write music for the love of music...someone has to listen to it. So, I think I need to do a better job in promoting. I haven't been receiving a lot of comments in general and it makes me think that I need to step it up a little.

So, with that being said. I think it might be time to join the world of Twitter.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh no! Not the "T" word! I'm afraid of Twitter...I barely have time to FACEBOOK!

I'm reading this late, but I think our Guest Blog Week will help. If you like, I can send your blog out with mine too if you think that'll mean something....

And I agree...writing is for me, but it's more fun when someone reads it. It's not for validation, but moreso for feedback and exchange. I wouldn't stop writing if no one read my blog, but I damn sure wouldn't blog as much :) So I totally feel you.

Let me know how we can help each other :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails